A Company You Can Grow With
CommerceHub is a tech melting pot of highly skilled individuals from various disciplines all working towards a common goal: supporting our partners to get their customers what they want, fast. We are constantly on the lookout for creative, fun and hardworking people who enjoy coming to work and doing what they love.
Business Data Analyst
CommerceHub has been a leader in the ecommerce space for years, helping retailers and brands to Keep Growing. Our team is comprised of talented individuals from a wide range of industry leading companies such as Amazon, eBay, Microsoft, IBM, Yahoo, GE, and more. We're a group of highly driven experts making a difference, whether they are seasoned veterans, or talented millennials establishing themselves. We are always looking for great personalities to grow with us and contribute to our success.
Responsible for the development, analysis, validation, implementation and/or maintenance of key corporate metrics, internal and external reports and advanced analytics. The Business Data Analyst will have expertise in the efficient design and development of tabular reports, charts, graphs, and dashboards with interactive drill-through capability as needed. You will be required to deliver very polished formatted reports that have appropriate response times based on the size and complexity of the output. You will work closely with business stakeholders to gather requirements and translate them into effective and actionable analyses and reporting solutions.
The Business Data Analyst is responsible for the following:
- Development, analysis, validation, implementation and/or modification of key reports, metrics, dashboards and models in support of CommerceHub business priorities.
- Developing code with focus on modularity, code re-use and thorough documentation.
- Implement scheduled data transmissions, involving DBA team as needed, between databases and visualization layer.
- Creation of and/or updates to Requirements, Design Specifications and Technical Documentation for reporting solutions.
- Collaboration with Quality Assurance team member to implement test scenarios and test results to ensure accurate reporting and data analyses.
- Identify instances where there are risks to data or end-user products and assist with finding ways to mitigate those risks.
- Use of statistical analysis and data visualization tools to assist business leaders in making data-driven decisions.
- Provide training and assistance to end users of reporting tools for generation of adhoc reports and analyses.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelors degree in an applied quantitative discipline including engineering, math, statistics, computer science, finance, information systems or related discipline. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 3+ years analytical experience including report-writing and experience with analyzing data and developing trend analyses is required. Candidates will be expected to present samples of analysis work.
- Working knowledge of statistics, and experience in using statistical methods and tools to support data-driven business decision making required.
- Experience & Proficiency in SQL, as well as in-depth knowledge of analytic relational database tools such as SAS or SPSS.
- Experience with object oriented programming.
- Experience with executing and applying advanced retail and drop-shipping analytic techniques including affinity analysis and fulfillment & logistics optimization methodologies preferred.
- Experience using data visualization techniques and tools preferred.
- Working knowledge of statistics, and experienced with applying statistical methods to support data-driven decision making.
- Must possess exceptional critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Must possess the ability to quickly learn and apply new technology and techniques.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and commitment to high quality work, with a strong focus on internal/external customer satisfaction.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate complex and technical information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to interact across a broad matrix of stakeholders, including all levels of the organization, and build strong lasting partnerships.
- Experience working in a highly dynamic atmosphere, capable of multi-tasking, and able to produce high quality work/output within challenging time frames.
Additionally, knowledge of and/or experience with the following is a plus:
- 1010data software or other “big data” solutions
- XML, EDI, and other data interchange standards
- e-commerce, and/or Retail industry experience.
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies and SDLC
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification
Apply for this Job
I recently joined CommerceHub after spending 15 years working for a large corporation. I have yet to look back. There is so much energy and focus here at CommerceHub and the people are fantastic!Dave Phillips Senior Manager, Business Intelligence
CommerceHub is a place where dedication, hard work and passion are encouraged and highly valued. I have been able to grow and learn from my team year after year – they will always have your back no matter what.
Shreya Jivani Acting Lead Software Engineer
Sixteen years ago I started my career with a promising start up. Sixteen years later, there is no place I would rather be.Jay St. Gelais Staff Software Engineer
In college I interned at CommerceHub. During my recent job search, I was looking for a fast paced company that would provide me with a challenge and also work/life balance. I couldn’t think of a better place to work than CommerceHub!Chelsea Belmonte Manager, Internal Audit
I’ve grown more as a developer in the past year here at CommerceHub then I have over the rest of my 10 year career. The engineering team here is first-class: supportive, collaborative, and always moving forward.Andrew Blick UI/UX Solution Architect
CommerceHub’s a place where passion, dedication and hard work are highly valued. Surrounded by supportive and talented people, I’ve been able to build on my skills year after year.Carolyn Jaskolka Associate Product Manager
CommerceHub Engineering is an ever-evolving ecosystem. It is full of like-minded team members who support each other and embrace change. I am proud of the work we do and the sportsmanship my teammates show every day!Matt Mason Business Analyst
I joined CommerceHub after working for a large corporation and I have yet to regret my decision. CommerceHub is a great place for creating innovative solutions, making an impact, and building trusting relationships with teammates and clients.
Selina Heckendorf Director, Marketplace Performance
Growing and changing along with a company is important to me and that’s what is happening at CommerceHub. We are in the greatest period of advancement I have seen in my 11 years here and it’s really exciting.Travis Kostell Operations Business Analyst
Company Perks & Benefits
STOCK AWARD PROGRAM
Employees are eligible to participate in CommerceHub’s generous equity incentive program. Actual awards are made quarterly and are subject to Board approval, but new hires typically receive stock awards soon after their hire date.
GENEROUS 401(K) PROGRAM WITH 6% MATCH
Upon hire, employees are eligible to participate in CommerceHub’s 401(k) program, and the company provides dollar-for-dollar matching contributions on up to 6% of eligible compensation (subject to vesting).
EMPLOYEE STOCK PURCHASE PROGRAM
In addition to the stock award program, CommerceHub offers eligible employees the opportunity to purchase company stock directly from CommerceHub at a 15% discount to the market price.
COMPREHENSIVE HEALTH & WELLNESS BENEFITS
From day one, employees are eligible for health, dental and vision insurance. In addition, CommerceHub actively supports the health of its employees through a wellness program that includes free onsite ﬁtness classes throughout the week, a meditation room, game room and more!
PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL GROWTH
On top of being packed with the most talented teammates around, employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement, training opportunities and leadership development. CommerceHub also supports the causes that are important to you – form a team and take a paid volunteer day, and have CommerceHub match up to $250 of charitable contributions each year!
We like to work hard and we love to have fun while doing it. Join us for regular onsite and offsite events like company picnics, hockey games, holiday parties and more. Join our softball team, our running and biking groups, or even our company band.
Want to know more about New York’s Tech Valley and why it’s an awesome place to live?
Watch the video!