A Company You Can Grow With
CommerceHub is a tech melting pot of highly skilled individuals from various disciplines all working towards a common goal: supporting our partners to get their customers what they want, fast. We are constantly on the lookout for creative, fun and hardworking people who enjoy coming to work and doing what they love.
CommerceHub has been a leader in the ecommerce space for years, helping retailers and brands to Keep Growing. Our team is comprised of talented individuals from a wide range of industry leading companies such as Amazon, eBay, Microsoft, IBM, Yahoo, GE, and more. We're a group of highly driven experts making a difference, whether they are seasoned veterans, or talented millennials establishing themselves. We are always looking for great personalities to grow with us and contribute to our success.
The Tax Director is responsible for all global tax related matters of CommerceHub, including compliance and strategic tax planning. This position will partner with the business to continually assess tax opportunities and risks associated with the Company’s growth and change.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare the company’s quarterly, and annual tax provision.
- Prepare tax elements of quarterly and annual SEC reporting, including footnote schedules and other tax disclosures
- Responsible for completion of federal, international and state income tax returns, as well as R&D tax credit filings and all related analysis and support.
- Forecast and manage federal and state estimated income tax obligations
- Monitor changes in tax statues and regulations to determine the impact on the company’s operations
- Manage transfer pricing policies and procedures, including management and execution of transfer pricing studies, maintaining policies and oversight of accounting for transfer pricing in the Company’s general ledger.
- Manage external tax relationships, both auditors and advisors.
- Effectively communicate tax matters to the executive team and Audit Committee, as necessary.
- Ensure that external audit of tax related accounting, reporting and controls is completed efficiently and effectively.
- Provide strategic tax guidance in Mergers & Acquisitions related activities.
- Lead the effective support and resolution of audits by tax governing bodies, including the IRS as well as International, State and Local agencies.
- Manage all areas of indirect tax compliance, including Sales and Use, VAT, property tax filings, excise taxes, and other similar items.
- Ensure compliance with tax processes necessary for Sec.404 compliance (SOX) with relevant supporting documentation
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- CPA, with 10+ years of combined tax advisory or industry experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- International tax and public company experience preferred
- Local to the Albany, NY area or open to relocation
I recently joined CommerceHub after spending 15 years working for a large corporation. I have yet to look back. There is so much energy and focus here at CommerceHub and the people are fantastic!Dave Phillips Senior Manager, Business Intelligence
CommerceHub is a place where dedication, hard work and passion are encouraged and highly valued. I have been able to grow and learn from my team year after year – they will always have your back no matter what.
Shreya Jivani Acting Lead Software Engineer
Sixteen years ago I started my career with a promising start up. Sixteen years later, there is no place I would rather be.Jay St. Gelais Staff Software Engineer
In college I interned at CommerceHub. During my recent job search, I was looking for a fast paced company that would provide me with a challenge and also work/life balance. I couldn’t think of a better place to work than CommerceHub!Chelsea Belmonte Manager, Internal Audit
I’ve grown more as a developer in the past year here at CommerceHub then I have over the rest of my 10 year career. The engineering team here is first-class: supportive, collaborative, and always moving forward.Andrew Blick UI/UX Solution Architect
CommerceHub’s a place where passion, dedication and hard work are highly valued. Surrounded by supportive and talented people, I’ve been able to build on my skills year after year.Carolyn Jaskolka Associate Product Manager
CommerceHub Engineering is an ever-evolving ecosystem. It is full of like-minded team members who support each other and embrace change. I am proud of the work we do and the sportsmanship my teammates show every day!Matt Mason Business Analyst
I joined CommerceHub after working for a large corporation and I have yet to regret my decision. CommerceHub is a great place for creating innovative solutions, making an impact, and building trusting relationships with teammates and clients.
Selina Heckendorf Director, Marketplace Performance
Growing and changing along with a company is important to me and that’s what is happening at CommerceHub. We are in the greatest period of advancement I have seen in my 11 years here and it’s really exciting.Travis Kostell Operations Business Analyst
Company Perks & Benefits
GENEROUS 401(K) PROGRAM WITH 6% MATCH
Upon hire, employees are eligible to participate in CommerceHub’s 401(k) program, and the company provides dollar-for-dollar matching contributions on up to 6% of eligible compensation (subject to vesting).
COMPREHENSIVE HEALTH & WELLNESS BENEFITS
From day one, employees are eligible for health, dental and vision insurance. In addition, CommerceHub actively supports the health of its employees through a wellness program that includes free onsite ﬁtness classes throughout the week, a meditation room, game room and more!
PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL GROWTH
On top of being packed with the most talented teammates around, employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement, training opportunities and leadership development. CommerceHub also supports the causes that are important to you – form a team and take a paid volunteer day, and have CommerceHub match up to $250 of charitable contributions each year!
We like to work hard and we love to have fun while doing it. Join us for regular onsite and offsite events like company picnics, hockey games, holiday parties and more. Join our softball team, our running and biking groups, or even our company band.
Want to know more about New York’s Tech Valley and why it’s an awesome place to live?
Watch the video!