CommerceHub is a tech melting pot of highly skilled individuals from various disciplines all working towards a common goal: supporting our partners to get their customers what they want, fast. We are constantly on the lookout for creative, fun and hardworking people who enjoy coming to work and doing what they love.
CommerceHub has been a leader in the ecommerce space for years, helping retailers and brands to Keep Growing. Our team is comprised of talented individuals from a wide range of industry leading companies such as Amazon, eBay, Microsoft, IBM, Yahoo, GE, and more. We're a group of highly driven experts making a difference, whether they are seasoned veterans, or talented millennials establishing themselves. We are always looking for great personalities to grow with us and contribute to our success.
The Project Manager (PM) plans, directs, and coordinates client-facing projects for CommerceHub's Professional Services team. You'll work primarily at CommerceHub offices, with some out-of-town travel required for onsite client visits.
The Project Manager is responsible for:
• Leading a team of CommerceHub professionals to complete client-specific projects, including the integration of new partners into the CommerceHub network
• Performing business analysis and technical analysis, using a structured process to accurately and efficiently:
• Discover project requirements
• Develop task plans
• Identify technical issues and resolutions
• Coordinate implementation
• Develop a rollout strategy
• Define and enforce project schedule and budget
• Acting as the primary point of contact between CommerceHub and clients for Professional
• Interacting extensively with CommerceHub's Sales team, Account Managers, and technical staff to serve the client's needs
• Using defined processes and steps to manage all aspects of client integration and enhancement projects, as follows:
• Initiate project and notify the appropriate team members of the new request
• Develop formal documentation for the request, detailing goals, requirements, deliverables, project activities, and sample storyboards for the web interface
• Gather estimates and timelines from all teams to reserve resources and establish release timing
• Set up and coordinate onsite requirements-gathering sessions, as applicable
• Establish project meetings to ensure team members understand requirements and provide an open forum for Q&A and any status/timeline discussions
• Monitor activities of project personnel (including status reports) and modify schedules and plans as needed to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget
• Provide visibility into project status and related issues (including project status reports) to management, clients, and other interested parties
• Confer with project personnel to resolve questions or issues
• Coordinate, document, and respond to change requests
• Review project deliverables at key points to ensure they meet requirements
• Ensure on-time and on-budget project execution; the PM is responsible for quality, content, and timely delivery of project deliverables
• Support and coordinate any partner testing between client(s) and internal teams
• Review application changes in production post release
• Survey client and internal teams to gather feedback on project successes, and suggestions for process modifications, to further enhance project methodology and execution
Successful candidates for the position must meet the following requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in Management or Information Systems
• 5+ years' experience in software project management
• Project Management education and/or training
• Strong task management, communication (written and verbal), teamwork, interpersonal, and client management skills
• Experience working with cross-functional teams
• Strong Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project skills
• Familiarity with complex software applications
• Ability to communicate extensively with clients and remote staff by email, collaboration tools, and online conferences
• Ability to travel to clients, as needed
• Ability to work outside normal business hours: This is an exempt position. While we seek to limit work commitments outside normal business hours, your personal situation must
enable you to work on whatever schedule is necessary to meet critical commitments.
Additionally, knowledge of and/or experience with the following is a plus:
• Analysis and business requirements definition
• XML, EDI, and other data interchange standards at the concepts and facilities level
• Systems integrationApply for this Job
I recently joined CommerceHub after spending 15 years working for a large corporation. I have yet to look back. There is so much energy and focus here at CommerceHub and the people are fantastic!Dave Phillips Senior Manager, Business Intelligence
CommerceHub is a place where dedication, hard work and passion are encouraged and highly valued. I have been able to grow and learn from my team year after year – they will always have your back no matter what.
Shreya Jivani Acting Lead Software Engineer
Sixteen years ago I started my career with a promising start up. Sixteen years later, there is no place I would rather be.Jay St. Gelais Staff Software Engineer
I’ve grown more as a developer in the past year here at CommerceHub then I have over the rest of my 10 year career. The engineering team here is first-class: supportive, collaborative, and always moving forward.Andrew Blick UI/UX Solution Architect
CommerceHub’s a place where passion, dedication and hard work are highly valued. Surrounded by supportive and talented people, I’ve been able to build on my skills year after year.Carolyn Jaskolka Associate Product Manager
CommerceHub Engineering is an ever-evolving ecosystem. It is full of like-minded team members who support each other and embrace change. I am proud of the work we do and the sportsmanship my teammates show every day!Matt Mason Business Analyst
I joined CommerceHub after working for a large corporation and I have yet to regret my decision. CommerceHub is a great place for creating innovative solutions, making an impact, and building trusting relationships with teammates and clients.
Selina Heckendorf Director, Marketplace Performance
Growing and changing along with a company is important to me and that’s what is happening at CommerceHub. We are in the greatest period of advancement I have seen in my 11 years here and it’s really exciting.Travis Kostell Operations Business Analyst
Company Perks & Benefits
GENEROUS 401(K) PROGRAM WITH 6% MATCH
Upon hire, employees are eligible to participate in CommerceHub’s 401(k) program, and the company provides dollar-for-dollar matching contributions on up to 6% of eligible compensation (subject to vesting).
COMPREHENSIVE HEALTH & WELLNESS BENEFITS
From day one, employees are eligible for health, dental and vision insurance. In addition, CommerceHub actively supports the health of its employees through a wellness program that includes free onsite ﬁtness classes throughout the week, a meditation room, game room and more!
PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL GROWTH
On top of being packed with the most talented teammates around, employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement, training opportunities and leadership development. CommerceHub also supports the causes that are important to you – form a team and take a paid volunteer day, and have CommerceHub match up to $250 of charitable contributions each year!
We like to work hard and we love to have fun while doing it. Join us for regular onsite and offsite events like company picnics, hockey games, holiday parties and more. Join our softball team, our running and biking groups, or even our company band.
Want to know more about New York’s Tech Valley and why it’s an awesome place to live?
Watch the video!