CommerceHub is a tech melting pot of highly skilled individuals from various disciplines all working towards a common goal: supporting our partners to get their customers what they want, fast. We are constantly on the lookout for creative, fun and hardworking people who enjoy coming to work and doing what they love.
Senior Financial Analyst
CommerceHub has been a leader in the ecommerce space for years, helping retailers and brands to Keep Growing. Our team is comprised of talented individuals from a wide range of industry leading companies such as Amazon, eBay, Microsoft, IBM, Yahoo, GE, and more. We're a group of highly driven experts making a difference, whether they are seasoned veterans, or talented millennials establishing themselves. We are always looking for great personalities to grow with us and contribute to our success.
The finance team is looking for a senior financial analyst to support the analysis and development of the financial information required to successfully support the company’s endeavors. The analyst will work with people at all levels of the organization (senior management, functional leadership and staff) to report, monitor and manage key financial and non-financial performance indicators.
Responsible for the following:
- Detailed Activity Costing, analyzing KPIs to understand trends and variances, good understanding of company financial statements and KPIs, FP&A and/or M&A financial modeling, solid understanding of company financial statements
- Analyzing consolidated reporting at all levels of the organization on actuals, forecasts and prior fiscal year
- Manages, in partnership with the company’s department owners, the corporate G & A (general & administrative) expenses, focusing on headcount, operating expense and capital expenditure budgeting, forecasting and spending targets
- Analysis of company’s key metrics and operating statistics
- Conducts thorough research and analysis of variances to ensure data accuracy
- Responsible for developing financial modeling, financial statement analysis, decision modeling, reporting and ad-hoc analysis to support strategic initiatives
- Support, analyze, and assist in the preparation and review of the company’s budget/forecast process including:
- detailed support and analysis of the company’s revenue forecast and departmental budgets
- detailed support and analysis of balance sheet forecasts and the associated cash flow forecasts
- development of presentations to help summarize budget results in a comprehensive and easy-to-understand format
- assist in maintaining and revising current budget/forecasting system (Adaptive Insights) to represent the most current reporting structure
- Analyzes actual operating results and identifies key financial and operating issues to be addressed; quantifies actual results versus forecast
- Exploring investment opportunities including assisting in any due diligence process
- Identifying trends in financial performance and providing recommendations for improvement
- Coordinating with other members of the finance team to review monthly close information and current forecast/budget
- Responsible for performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance
Successful candidates for the position will meet the following requirements:
- BS in Finance/Accounting, MBA preferred
- Minimum 4-5 years related experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Exceptional Communication Skills (Written & Verbal)
- Understanding of accounting processes, procedure and internal controls
- Strong research and analysis skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities and move at a fast pace
- Ability to generate creative and bold ideas to improve performance
- Knowledge of NetSuite and/or Adaptive Insights a plus
Authorization to work in the United States is a requirement for this role. CommerceHub will not provide visa sponsorship.Apply for this Job
I recently joined CommerceHub after spending 15 years working for a large corporation. I have yet to look back. There is so much energy and focus here at CommerceHub and the people are fantastic!Dave Phillips Senior Manager, Business Intelligence
CommerceHub is a place where dedication, hard work and passion are encouraged and highly valued. I have been able to grow and learn from my team year after year – they will always have your back no matter what.
Shreya Jivani Acting Lead Software Engineer
Sixteen years ago I started my career with a promising start up. Sixteen years later, there is no place I would rather be.Jay St. Gelais Staff Software Engineer
I’ve grown more as a developer in the past year here at CommerceHub then I have over the rest of my 10 year career. The engineering team here is first-class: supportive, collaborative, and always moving forward.Andrew Blick UI/UX Solution Architect
CommerceHub’s a place where passion, dedication and hard work are highly valued. Surrounded by supportive and talented people, I’ve been able to build on my skills year after year.Carolyn Jaskolka Associate Product Manager
CommerceHub Engineering is an ever-evolving ecosystem. It is full of like-minded team members who support each other and embrace change. I am proud of the work we do and the sportsmanship my teammates show every day!Matt Mason Business Analyst
I joined CommerceHub after working for a large corporation and I have yet to regret my decision. CommerceHub is a great place for creating innovative solutions, making an impact, and building trusting relationships with teammates and clients.
Selina Heckendorf Director, Marketplace Performance
Growing and changing along with a company is important to me and that’s what is happening at CommerceHub. We are in the greatest period of advancement I have seen in my 11 years here and it’s really exciting.Travis Kostell Operations Business Analyst
Company Perks & Benefits
GENEROUS 401(K) PROGRAM WITH 6% MATCH
Upon hire, employees are eligible to participate in CommerceHub’s 401(k) program, and the company provides dollar-for-dollar matching contributions on up to 6% of eligible compensation (subject to vesting).
COMPREHENSIVE HEALTH & WELLNESS BENEFITS
From day one, employees are eligible for health, dental and vision insurance. In addition, CommerceHub actively supports the health of its employees through a wellness program that includes free onsite ﬁtness classes throughout the week, a meditation room, game room and more!
PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL GROWTH
On top of being packed with the most talented teammates around, employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement, training opportunities and leadership development. CommerceHub also supports the causes that are important to you – form a team and take a paid volunteer day, and have CommerceHub match up to $250 of charitable contributions each year!
We like to work hard and we love to have fun while doing it. Join us for regular onsite and offsite events like company picnics, hockey games, holiday parties and more. Join our softball team, our running and biking groups, or even our company band.
Want to know more about New York’s Tech Valley and why it’s an awesome place to live?
Watch the video!