CommerceHub is a tech melting pot of highly skilled individuals from various disciplines all working towards a common goal: supporting our partners to get their customers what they want, fast. We are constantly on the lookout for creative, fun and hardworking people who enjoy coming to work and doing what they love.
Business Intelligence Senior Product Data Analyst
CommerceHub has been a leader in the ecommerce space for years, helping retailers and brands to Keep Growing. Our team is comprised of talented individuals from a wide range of industry leading companies such as Amazon, eBay, Microsoft, IBM, Yahoo, GE, and more. We're a group of highly driven experts making a difference, whether they are seasoned veterans, or talented millennials establishing themselves. We are always looking for great personalities to grow with us and contribute to our success.
The Senior Product Data Analyst will be a critical contributor to enabling the CommerceHub Business Intelligence Team to leverage data, both derived from CommerceHub’s own platform as well as gathered from third parties, to identify opportunities to generate additional company revenue and to derive insights for use in industry publications and company marketing materials. This role will have a particular emphasis on data related to ecommerce product attributes, ratings, pricing and sales volumes.
The Senior Product Data Analyst must have experience in ecommerce, be an expert in advanced math/statistics, be able to work collaboratively with business users throughout the organization, and have the ability to produce summaries and reports with accompanying charts, tables and other relevant visual representations that clearly and concisely convey complex findings in a manner that can be easily understood by business users.
The successful candidate will have substantial skills in programming (e.g., R and/or Python), and familiarity with database development (e.g., SQL and ETL) and data visualization (e.g., Tableau, Power BI). The candidate must also have experience in working with omnichannel retailers, and ideally would also have worked with, or at least have some familiarity with, third party providers of product data (e.g., UPCitemdb, NPD, Indix, etc.)
- Combine CommerceHub and third party product data to identify opportunities for retailers to expand their online assortment
- Collaborate with Product Management to deliver products that add value to omnichannel retailers by using data to identify opportunities to add products and suppliers to the online assortments of those retailers
- Build statistical models that
- Identify revenue-generating opportunities based on CommerceHub’s business model
- Derive insights that can be used in more effectively marketing CommerceHub products, offerings and services
- Document findings, both in writing and through helpful, applicable visualizations, that clearly and concisely explain those findings
- Develop models in Python and/or R
- Use Microsoft Power BI desktop and DAX to develop reports
Knowledge & Skills
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field (math, statistics, physics, operations research, etc.)
- Experience in operations research, mathematics, and/or statistics in a retail environment
- Professional knowledge of linear programming, discrete optimization, stochastic methods, econometric and other scientific methods and techniques
- Facility with desktop business software, especially Excel
- Robust analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Keen attention to detail, and understanding of its importance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- At least 5 years of experience in ecommerce
- Nice to have: supply chain experience, explicit experience with third party product data providers (e.g., UPCItemDB, Indix, NPD, Semantics3, etc.)
- Python and/or R statistical programming experience
- Extensive knowledge of ETL processes
- Extensive experience developing SSAS Tabular models.
- Ability to work closely with BI developers, DBAs and SQL Developers to develop and translate relational databases to tabular models
- Proficiency indeveloping prototype software applications
Authorization to work in the United States is a requirement for this role. CommerceHub will not provide visa sponsorship.Apply for this Job
I recently joined CommerceHub after spending 15 years working for a large corporation. I have yet to look back. There is so much energy and focus here at CommerceHub and the people are fantastic!Dave Phillips Senior Manager, Business Intelligence
CommerceHub is a place where dedication, hard work and passion are encouraged and highly valued. I have been able to grow and learn from my team year after year – they will always have your back no matter what.
Shreya Jivani Acting Lead Software Engineer
Sixteen years ago I started my career with a promising start up. Sixteen years later, there is no place I would rather be.Jay St. Gelais Staff Software Engineer
I’ve grown more as a developer in the past year here at CommerceHub then I have over the rest of my 10 year career. The engineering team here is first-class: supportive, collaborative, and always moving forward.Andrew Blick UI/UX Solution Architect
CommerceHub’s a place where passion, dedication and hard work are highly valued. Surrounded by supportive and talented people, I’ve been able to build on my skills year after year.Carolyn Jaskolka Associate Product Manager
CommerceHub Engineering is an ever-evolving ecosystem. It is full of like-minded team members who support each other and embrace change. I am proud of the work we do and the sportsmanship my teammates show every day!Matt Mason Business Analyst
I joined CommerceHub after working for a large corporation and I have yet to regret my decision. CommerceHub is a great place for creating innovative solutions, making an impact, and building trusting relationships with teammates and clients.
Selina Heckendorf Director, Marketplace Performance
Growing and changing along with a company is important to me and that’s what is happening at CommerceHub. We are in the greatest period of advancement I have seen in my 11 years here and it’s really exciting.Travis Kostell Operations Business Analyst
Company Perks & Benefits
GENEROUS 401(K) PROGRAM WITH 6% MATCH
Upon hire, employees are eligible to participate in CommerceHub’s 401(k) program, and the company provides dollar-for-dollar matching contributions on up to 6% of eligible compensation (subject to vesting).
COMPREHENSIVE HEALTH & WELLNESS BENEFITS
From day one, employees are eligible for health, dental and vision insurance. In addition, CommerceHub actively supports the health of its employees through a wellness program that includes free onsite ﬁtness classes throughout the week, a meditation room, game room and more!
PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL GROWTH
On top of being packed with the most talented teammates around, employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement, training opportunities and leadership development. CommerceHub also supports the causes that are important to you – form a team and take a paid volunteer day, and have CommerceHub match up to $250 of charitable contributions each year!
We like to work hard and we love to have fun while doing it. Join us for regular onsite and offsite events like company picnics, hockey games, holiday parties and more. Join our softball team, our running and biking groups, or even our company band.
Want to know more about New York’s Tech Valley and why it’s an awesome place to live?
Watch the video!