CommerceHub is a tech melting pot of highly skilled individuals from various disciplines all working towards a common goal: supporting our partners to get their customers what they want, fast. We are constantly on the lookout for creative, fun and hardworking people who enjoy coming to work and doing what they love.
Team Lead Billing & Collections
CommerceHub has been a leader in the ecommerce space for years, helping retailers and brands to Keep Growing. Our team is comprised of talented individuals from a wide range of industry leading companies such as Amazon, eBay, Microsoft, IBM, Yahoo, GE, and more. We're a group of highly driven experts making a difference, whether they are seasoned veterans, or talented millennials establishing themselves. We are always looking for great personalities to grow with us and contribute to our success.
The Team Lead, Billing and Collections will be a key member of the Accounts Receivable Team. Reporting to the Manager, Billing and Collections, this position will act as an escalation point for high priority issues. The ideal candidate will have direct people management experience and a proven track record of providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
The Team Lead, Billing and Collections, Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Conduct training of new hires and re-training of existing team members as needed
- Provide verbal and written support to AR staff
- Act as escalation point for high priority issues
- Perform work triage and assignment
- Perform production and quality monitoring of AR team members
- Provide feedback and coaching to AR team members
- Develop and maintain departmental policies and procedures.
- Track, prepare, distribute, and present reports on key performance measurements
- Assist with the reduction of team inventory when needed
- Maintain the integrity of the systems, and utilize all system tools to ensure accurate work on a daily basis.
- Research and reconcile A/R balances when needed.
- Prepare information for collection agency and/or attorneys for delinquent accounts, handle disputes over discrepancies in invoices, and negotiate payment plans when needed.
- Create reports necessary to reconcile accounts and to report to management the status of accounts.
- Participate in special projects, as requested by management.
- Investigate inquiries concerning contractual payment calculations and ensure that they are in agreement with contract language.
- Comply with all applicable audit requirements
Successful candidates for the position must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Math
- Minimum: 7 years of relevant experience in Billing and Collections
- 5+ years in a lead role
- Must have direct people management experience
- Effectively provides excellent customer service to external and internal customers
- Must have a working knowledge of MS Excel at an intermediate level
- Experience with developing and managing work item standards
- Experience using an ERP or accounting software, NetSuite preferred
- Knowledge of accounting principals
- Must be self-motivated and approach tasks with a positive, proactive demeanor
- Experience training new hires and existing team members
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong work ethic, attendance, and punctuality
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Can gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Candidates must be able to develop alternative solutions to problems, work well in a group setting.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment can change approach or method to best fit the situation.
The following skills and experience are highly desired
- Bilingual in German, French, or Spanish
- Advanced MS Excel Skills
CommerceHub is a leading provider of hosted supplier integration and order management services for multi-channel retailers. We are currently in an exciting period of growth and stability that provides an ideal work environment.
CommerceHub offers competitive compensation, 401K, Health, Dental Vision, Paid Time Off and a casual dress code.
Authorization to work in the United States is a requirement for this role. CommerceHub will not provide visa sponsorship.Apply for this Job
I recently joined CommerceHub after spending 15 years working for a large corporation. I have yet to look back. There is so much energy and focus here at CommerceHub and the people are fantastic!Dave Phillips Senior Manager, Business Intelligence
CommerceHub is a place where dedication, hard work and passion are encouraged and highly valued. I have been able to grow and learn from my team year after year – they will always have your back no matter what.
Shreya Jivani Acting Lead Software Engineer
Sixteen years ago I started my career with a promising start up. Sixteen years later, there is no place I would rather be.Jay St. Gelais Staff Software Engineer
I’ve grown more as a developer in the past year here at CommerceHub then I have over the rest of my 10 year career. The engineering team here is first-class: supportive, collaborative, and always moving forward.Andrew Blick UI/UX Solution Architect
CommerceHub’s a place where passion, dedication and hard work are highly valued. Surrounded by supportive and talented people, I’ve been able to build on my skills year after year.Carolyn Jaskolka Associate Product Manager
CommerceHub Engineering is an ever-evolving ecosystem. It is full of like-minded team members who support each other and embrace change. I am proud of the work we do and the sportsmanship my teammates show every day!Matt Mason Business Analyst
I joined CommerceHub after working for a large corporation and I have yet to regret my decision. CommerceHub is a great place for creating innovative solutions, making an impact, and building trusting relationships with teammates and clients.
Selina Heckendorf Director, Marketplace Performance
Growing and changing along with a company is important to me and that’s what is happening at CommerceHub. We are in the greatest period of advancement I have seen in my 11 years here and it’s really exciting.Travis Kostell Operations Business Analyst
Company Perks & Benefits
GENEROUS 401(K) PROGRAM WITH 6% MATCH
Upon hire, employees are eligible to participate in CommerceHub’s 401(k) program, and the company provides dollar-for-dollar matching contributions on up to 6% of eligible compensation (subject to vesting).
COMPREHENSIVE HEALTH & WELLNESS BENEFITS
From day one, employees are eligible for health, dental and vision insurance. In addition, CommerceHub actively supports the health of its employees through a wellness program that includes free onsite ﬁtness classes throughout the week, a meditation room, game room and more!
PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL GROWTH
On top of being packed with the most talented teammates around, employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement, training opportunities and leadership development. CommerceHub also supports the causes that are important to you – form a team and take a paid volunteer day, and have CommerceHub match up to $250 of charitable contributions each year!
We like to work hard and we love to have fun while doing it. Join us for regular onsite and offsite events like company picnics, hockey games, holiday parties and more. Join our softball team, our running and biking groups, or even our company band.
Want to know more about New York’s Tech Valley and why it’s an awesome place to live?
Watch the video!