A Company You Can Grow With
CommerceHub is a tech melting pot of highly skilled individuals from various disciplines all working towards a common goal: supporting our partners to get their customers what they want, fast. We are constantly on the lookout for creative, fun and hardworking people who enjoy coming to work and doing what they love.
Intern - Business Analyst
CommerceHub has been a leader in the ecommerce space for years, helping retailers and brands to Keep Growing. Our team is comprised of talented individuals from a wide range of industry leading companies such as Amazon, eBay, Microsoft, IBM, Yahoo, GE, and more. We're a group of highly driven experts making a difference, whether they are seasoned veterans, or talented millennials establishing themselves. We are always looking for great personalities to grow with us and contribute to our success.
This internship will provide a qualified candidate the opportunity to gain real-world experience as a business analyst working in the retail domain. CommerceHub’s fast-paced, professional setting provides interns with invaluable experience applying the knowledge and skills learned in school in a business environment. The selected candidate will also learn best practices in rapid and sustainable tool development.
Responsible for the following:
- Consolidate and re-organize Power BI dashboards
- Assist in transition of 1010 reports to SSAS/SSIS/Redshift framework
- Organize and document key metrics and concepts in a repository for a centralized data store.
- Assist in the decomposition and documentation of abstract and complex details/concepts into business and functional requirements that can be understood by key stakeholders including end users, developers and testers.
- Assist in performing data profiling and data quality assurance activities as directed by the Senior Manager. Participate in the development of test cases and execution of test scripts.
Successful candidates for the position must meet the following requirements:
- Required hours per week: Minimum 15 hours, ability to work up to 40
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree candidate in Computer Science, Business or Engineering preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and concisely, with a high level of detail in areas of complexity. Writing samples may be requested.
- Accountability-accepts responsibility for one's actions, demonstrates ownership for the goals & actions of the team.
- Interpersonal Ability-Interacts with others in an open, honest & business-like manner.
- Planning & organization/communication - Plans work activities to meet objectives, prioritizes work activities, maintains work material in an organized, easily retrievable fashion, and manages time effectively.
- Overall GPA of 3.2 or higher; Major GPA 3.5 or higher.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio.
Additionally, the following qualifications are preferred:
- Coursework in systems analysis, data analysis or programming.
- Experience with 1010data, Power BI, SSAS, SSIS, Redshift or GitLab
- Experience with query tools, including SQL based tools and XML
I recently joined CommerceHub after spending 15 years working for a large corporation. I have yet to look back. There is so much energy and focus here at CommerceHub and the people are fantastic!Dave Phillips Senior Manager, Business Intelligence
CommerceHub is a place where dedication, hard work and passion are encouraged and highly valued. I have been able to grow and learn from my team year after year – they will always have your back no matter what.
Shreya Jivani Acting Lead Software Engineer
Sixteen years ago I started my career with a promising start up. Sixteen years later, there is no place I would rather be.Jay St. Gelais Staff Software Engineer
I’ve grown more as a developer in the past year here at CommerceHub then I have over the rest of my 10 year career. The engineering team here is first-class: supportive, collaborative, and always moving forward.Andrew Blick UI/UX Solution Architect
CommerceHub’s a place where passion, dedication and hard work are highly valued. Surrounded by supportive and talented people, I’ve been able to build on my skills year after year.Carolyn Jaskolka Associate Product Manager
CommerceHub Engineering is an ever-evolving ecosystem. It is full of like-minded team members who support each other and embrace change. I am proud of the work we do and the sportsmanship my teammates show every day!Matt Mason Business Analyst
I joined CommerceHub after working for a large corporation and I have yet to regret my decision. CommerceHub is a great place for creating innovative solutions, making an impact, and building trusting relationships with teammates and clients.
Selina Heckendorf Director, Marketplace Performance
Growing and changing along with a company is important to me and that’s what is happening at CommerceHub. We are in the greatest period of advancement I have seen in my 11 years here and it’s really exciting.Travis Kostell Operations Business Analyst
Company Perks & Benefits
GENEROUS 401(K) PROGRAM WITH 6% MATCH
Upon hire, employees are eligible to participate in CommerceHub’s 401(k) program, and the company provides dollar-for-dollar matching contributions on up to 6% of eligible compensation (subject to vesting).
COMPREHENSIVE HEALTH & WELLNESS BENEFITS
From day one, employees are eligible for health, dental and vision insurance. In addition, CommerceHub actively supports the health of its employees through a wellness program that includes free onsite ﬁtness classes throughout the week, a meditation room, game room and more!
PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL GROWTH
On top of being packed with the most talented teammates around, employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement, training opportunities and leadership development. CommerceHub also supports the causes that are important to you – form a team and take a paid volunteer day, and have CommerceHub match up to $250 of charitable contributions each year!
We like to work hard and we love to have fun while doing it. Join us for regular onsite and offsite events like company picnics, hockey games, holiday parties and more. Join our softball team, our running and biking groups, or even our company band.
Want to know more about New York’s Tech Valley and why it’s an awesome place to live?
Watch the video!